Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-02-2009 , 04:04 AM

Shockwave Effects

I'm currently trying to make an semi-epic movie intro for a forum based RPG story me and a bunch of buddies are working on.

The basic introduction of this movie is the classic under view of a Star Destroyer, as seen in ANH. It then cuts to a side view of the camera tracking along with the SD, and we catch the front of the SD launching what appears to be a missile directly at the sun. The scene cuts yet again to an extreme wide shot of the solar system. We see the sun's bright glow slowly fade to darkness, then a giant shock wave erupts.

What I have right now kinda works (other than that the glowing effects don't seem to work when I render out the scenes for some reason), which is basically an extremely bright energy sphere erupts from the system's sun and eventually rushes towards the screen and fades to black.

What I really would REALLY love to have, is a shock wave similar to what we see in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, when Praxis explodes. Or when in Generations the Klingons/Soran launch a Trilithium Missile into a star and it sends out a level twelve shockwave as seen in this video.

Anyone here who might know how to get any one of these results?