Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-07-2009 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber

PROBLEM WITH NCLOTH

I tried to apply NCloth to an item of clothing on an actual fully modeled character. I gave an item of clothing (which was polygons and nicely positioned on the fully modeled character model with the whole passive attribute applied) the NCloth treatment and when I pressed play, the robe fell down and wrapped itself perfectly around my character, I even added a bit of wind and it looked great. At this point I was buzzing!!

But when I tried to animate my character away from the point of origin, the cloth got stuck behind and tore off my character staying at the point of origin, so I had a nude character running off leaving his clothes behind.... oooo arrr!

I then selected a few of the UVs on the polygon NCloth polygon model and transformed/point to surface them to areas if the character model in hope that the cloth would then follow the character, even though the cloth did then follow my character the effects however were wretched and did not wrap around my character, instead it crumpled up at the points I transformed to the model.

Can anyone please tell me how I can apply Ncloth to items of clothing on a character and have it move with the character correctly when its being animated.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bounce_X; 16-07-2009 at 11:08 AM.