Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-08-2009 , 08:44 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Transfering uv maps missoury

Hi all

I am trying to copy uv's from one model to another model;

I am following a workflow i saw in a tutorial(modeling next gen gamecharacters from Gnomon)
There the guy models base geometry lays out uvs goes to ZBrush sculpts highres then imports a fairly highress mesh back into maya and uses a tool called NEX/draster to draw over the highress model as it were so you have a pretty low poly mesh.

He didn't say how he got the uv's from one object to another however and when I try transfering the attributes I only get partial Uv's at best.

If you are wondering why I want to try this workflow:
I am currently working on Indiana Jones and I am having a reall hard time getting sharp edges around pockets and stuff in ZBrush so I thought why not make separate objects for shoulderflaps pockets etc and later import the highress mesh draw it over and done.....

So if anyone can give me a hand
user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-09-2009 , 11:15 AM
The thin red line
sorry did not see this one
I think i have seen this one, didnt he use a displacement map to save the detail, to get sharp edges in zbrush use the pinch brush with lazy mouse on for long seams