Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-01-2003 , 10:51 PM

Medieval stuff--Aphex

ok so its probably invalid as i did this before challenge was set, i did it for a desktop, although its Buddist themed i think it looks pretty medieval, i've scaled down the original 800x600 to the 640x480 and tweeked the gamma a little for clarity, the splodge on his chest is meant to be a dollar 'brand', the model originated from poser dragged into maya and tweeked and smoothed and new eyeballs added (cheating i know) but it was meant to be expressive rather than a 3d feature, everything else was done in maya (including eyeballs) loin cloth, jug, chains etc.

I also made it into a short anim for a 'Tool' song 'Parabol + parabola' where it took various zoom+pan shots into the skull and stuff then finally into the eyeball to be shot down the optic nerve of swirling light and blood vessels into the bright light of the pineal gland (just as parabola kicks in) the effect blew me away, brrrr still makes me shudder lol

But its all for a bit o' fun i s'pose

Last edited by Aphex; 19-01-2003 at 10:56 PM.
# 2 20-01-2003 , 09:15 AM
Kevin
that is pretty dam awesome !!

really like it . I hope you can do a 1024 render and add to our gallery?

# 3 20-01-2003 , 09:27 AM
wow!!! kev is right! can u load it into the gallery? so i can change my background user added image

# 4 20-01-2003 , 01:47 PM
thanx guys, will do...

.....Have just tried to put it up on the gallery, but it says i have 0 images up for review??? (after uploading) it said image recieved but i don't know if it worked or not user added image

Last edited by Aphex; 20-01-2003 at 08:00 PM.
# 5 01-02-2003 , 11:45 AM
Dang, wish i had that kind of musculature.
Great image!!

My best ideas come to me while in bed!