Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-04-2010 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber

Lambert texture transparency issue

Hi

I'm adding some textures to some flags I've made. I've been searching for source images on google and changing the size and filetype to .tiff. Now when I apply the edited texture to the face it works fine, but the other four show as transparent.

What the hell is going on here I've gone through the same process for each but only one will display/render correctly.

Any ideas fellow Maya users?

Ignorance is bliss
# 2 30-04-2010 , 10:24 AM
Subscriber
Sorted this one myself, Thank god

Seems that the working texture was RGB and the others were indexed colours by default.

Just went back in photoshop and went

Image>Mode>Change from 'Indexed Colour' to 'RGB'

then went into maya and click the reload button under the filename texture link

Sorted

Ignorance is bliss
# 3 01-05-2010 , 08:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Maya has a few issues with tiff images , its usually the type of compression used for the tiff.... the easiest solution would be to convert the images to targa or jpg if you dont need transparency or simply resave the tiff without compression.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner