Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-05-2010 , 10:39 AM
Lifetime Member

uv copy problem

Hi guys,

I know its probably something really bloody simple but this one has me stumped. I dont know if I have inadvertantly hit a key or what but I need a hand.

In Kurts tut on the Spitfire he duplicates his tyre, then highlights the UV in persp panel and does a flip then highlights the original half and ends up with 2 sets of UV's for the tyre.

I have tried, checked, tried again to emulate this but cant seem to do it. Everytime I highlight the copy the original also lights up the UV and I cant get it to work.

vid attached

Thanks bullet

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4090628/uv%20error.wmv

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 04-05-2010 , 04:04 PM
i might be wrong but maybe u haven't done an instant duplicate as i can see from the video when he selects the tyre UV's the other one gets selected as well

or it could be something else

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 3 04-05-2010 , 04:27 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah that definatley sounds like an instanced model you have mate

Jay

# 4 04-05-2010 , 10:42 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks guys I will check the settings,

I dont remember changing it??? Thats not something I muck around with........hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

Stranger things have happened I suppose. Will let you know in a minute.

cheers Ant

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 04-05-2010 , 10:46 PM
Lifetime Member
Thank you very much guys,

I dont know how the hell that happened!!!! I dont remember changing that at all???? Oh well problem solved, thanks heaps guys, now I know I shall remember it.

Thread can be closed admin, thanks heaps.

dooohhhhhh

cheers Ant

bullet1968