Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-07-2010 , 11:40 AM

transfer vertex order /numbers

hello everyone.

i need to find a way to transfer the order of vertex numbers from one object to antoher.
they have identical topology and size etc. so everthing is the same.only that the vertex numbers changed after i deleted one half and mirrored again after doing the uvs per half.

so now after uvs done, for exporting the obj for use in zbrush, i need to reimpose the former /original vertex numbers order on that changed mesh so that everythings works fine over in zbrush and the mesh wont explode. i guess transfer attribute is a way maybe but i have no experience using it.

any help welcome !
thx in advance

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by delesh; 24-07-2010 at 12:25 PM.
# 2 25-07-2010 , 08:36 PM
The thin red line
Hi delesh
Have you tried polgons mesh transfer attributes, if that does not work if you using zbrush 3.5 you could UV master that is good, also in uv master you can copy uvs and then transfer the in zbrush............hope this helps dave

# 3 26-07-2010 , 09:49 PM

solved

thanks dave for responding.

i was able to solve my problem in a efficient way by not caring about vertex number order at all. instead i did all i wanted to do for laying out uvs on a copy of my mesh and afterwards transfered the uvs with attribute transfer back on the orginal, this way keeping the vertex number still intact and transfering the uv job.
i have not checked uv master by now but i sure will try it in the near future.
thanx for support again.

Last edited by delesh; 26-07-2010 at 09:51 PM.