Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-02-2003 , 07:59 AM

WIP - The Mask

I wanted to create something that looked like it floated around on its own. The mask was made with the idea of a mixture of armor and a device used to float around. This is preatly close to done, but i still want tips.

Need and would love to know what you guys think. Thanks.

user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 01-02-2003 , 08:14 AM
Subscriber
Wow, i really like this style ultragames user added image. This is really cool, for someone who has only had maya for as long as I... your great! One thing i would suggest though is giving the back of the head a little bit of flare, just dont leave it as an egg shape user added image. I dont know thoough, looks really good to me. By the way, how long have you been modelling for? Is it really just been a week?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 01-02-2003 , 08:29 AM
Subscriber
a week? Wow ! I find that pretty amazing! It looks awesome btw! I'm a bit of a newbie looking to gain as much info whereever I can get it, can I just ask one small thing, those bits of armour the top which curve over the 'head', how do you make those curve so perfect? Is it just a matter of moving the verticies until it looks nicely curved or is there an easier way?

# 4 01-02-2003 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
haha cool man user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 01-02-2003 , 06:32 PM
I am so proud of my self. Thanks guys. I love the style too. Good idea )v( I will see what I can do.

Silva: After much research, and practice with the tool, I was able to use the NonLiner Bend tool. I had to bend it twice to get the shape I wanted. As far as it being so perfect, before It was bent, I spent alot of time extruding faces and moving vertices.

Up date coming soon. What do others think?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 6 01-02-2003 , 08:06 PM