Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-10-2014 , 03:11 PM

Maya Ascii model geometry messed up. Recoverable?

The head of my model has it's geometry scrambled.

It was fine when I saved it last night, but I opened the file this morning to discover that the head geometry has vertices merged all over the place. The head was the last thing I was working on last night, and I left a lot of edges divided with vertices but not connected to anything, ready to connect today.

It's the only saved file I have, but it's an ascii, so I thought I might be able to recover something from it, especially since the rest of the model, the body is perfectly fine. I've messed around by opening the .ma file in windows notepad and deleting a random block of text from the very bottom, but when I saved and opened the modified .ma, the entire object was missing, leaving just the non-combined objects, teeth, eyes, spikes.

Can someone please guide on on how to salvage the model using the ascii file? I've heard that it can be done, although I don't expect magic.

Please help! Thanks