Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-12-2014 , 12:27 PM
Lifetime Member

Duplicate Special messing up

Whenever I duplicate special in order to make the second half of my model the two models overlap in the middle and dont line up how do I fix this problem so the two halfs line up

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-12-2014 , 03:34 PM
EduSciVis-er
Select the vertices in the middle and make sure they are snapped to the central axis. (x=0). You can hold x to snap to grid.

# 3 19-12-2014 , 03:43 PM
Lifetime Member

Select the vertices in the middle and make sure they are snapped to the central axis. (x=0). You can hold x to snap to grid.

Thank u I'll give this a try when I'm home for work if it doesn't work I'll let everyone know user added image

# 4 19-12-2014 , 04:08 PM
The thin red line
Like Stwert said but I would use the mirror geometry in the mesh menu..............dave

# 5 19-12-2014 , 10:36 PM
Lifetime Member
Guys the vertices still arnt lining with the X axis let me show you now mind you this happens to every model I ever try to make ever this is the point I hit and usually give up cause no one can ever fix it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 19-12-2014 , 10:53 PM
The thin red line
Grab all the verts that should be in the middle go tool the move tool setting the untick retain component spacing then snap to the grid..............dave

# 7 19-12-2014 , 11:22 PM
Lifetime Member

Grab all the verts that should be in the middle go tool the move tool setting the untick retain component spacing then snap to the grid..............dave

I will keep that in mind for future reference for now I moved each vertex individually lol but I wish I could have tried this to know if that worked lol