Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-12-2014 , 04:03 PM

Physical Sun and Sky, background, transparency

Hi,

I am working in an architectural interior visualization where I have a window I look through into a exterior landscape.

1.I have created the Physical Sun and Sky.
2.Physical Sky background is checked and no background image was set in order to get the alpha and compose it afterwords in photoshop.
2.Window glass material is set to "thin wall" and "propagate alpha".
4. Render settings "pass custom alpha" is checked.

Besides that what I get is an image where the glass still gets refractions from mia_physicalSky.

I now this is a known issue, but I was wondering if there is any workaround keeping this light set up. Below there is a forum talking about it but they use 3d max and I get a little bit lost.

https://forum.nvidia-arc.com/showthre...rency-problems

Thanks for your time and any help

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-12-2014 , 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
I think they're talking about using a rayswitch shader in the camera's environment slot instead of the physical sky, then plugging your sky map into the refraction/reflection channels of the rayswtich and the physical sky node into the final gather and any other relevant slots needed to preserve the lighting. This method is similar to one of the ways I tried to add clouds to the physical sky. I ended up creating this as my workaround. And here is another article going through other ways by someone else.

- Genny