Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-07-2015 , 07:24 PM

Merge edge question.

I'm trying to merge two edges that are converted from nurb curves. I've combined mesh and when I try to merge them I get the result below. I've cleared history and tried to open the options box for merge edge but nothing opens. All the edges are lined up, no missing loops and like I said I get the dimple result pictured below and overlapping cross loops as well. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. Maybe close the file and reopen or even import it into a new scene if it persists?

I added another image I still can't figure it out. All the edges are lined up, all curves are deleted even. There are no double edges, they simply won't merge. I deleted faces and edges to make new ones and extruded two new sets of edges and faces and those will not merge either.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images

Last edited by cj74; 29-07-2015 at 09:14 PM.
# 2 29-07-2015 , 09:39 PM
The thin red line
Check your normals, one mesh might be inside out.................dave

# 3 30-07-2015 , 01:43 AM
That was the first thing I tried but thank you anyways. I'm stumped, next to restarting it or exporting it I don't know what to do. I've tried everything I know. I've gone and retraced my steps and I know I've got the mesh correct.

# 4 30-07-2015 , 03:36 AM

That was the first thing I tried but thank you anyways. I'm stumped, next to restarting it or exporting it I don't know what to do. I've tried everything I know. I've gone and retraced my steps and I know I've got the mesh correct.

It was the normal Dave you were right. I was reversing them with the two combined, duh. Thanks for making it stick in my head..lol.user added image