1. Do you make most of your textures on your own
or do you download them somewhere?
A: Make my own mostly for the exception of sky images. Download shaders for special effects.
2. Where Do you go to download your textures.
for shaders. I get background skies from all over the place.
3. Which programs do you use to create your textures?
Maya, Photoshop, Microsoft Paint.
4. Would you share your textures with others?
5. What do you expect from a texture/material to be usable
for your projects?
Repeating if neccesary, good enough resolution depending on how close you will get to the image during animation like Kbrown, and basically everything else he said.
6. How important is texturing besides modelling to you?
Texturing is only important to me if my model is going to be animated or a still is going to be taken of it for my portfolio. Since a plan to be more of a character designer and 3D artist for the video game industry, I really don't have to worry about texturing things.
7. Which sites about textures and materials do you know?