Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-03-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber

help with converting from polygon to subdivision

Hello Everyone,

Can you guys take a look at this file and tell me why I can't convert from polygons to subdivision? I didn't delete the history so you guys can take a look at it if need be. I followed along a tutorial that told me to create the shape using polygonal tool then extrude the edge. Delete the neck then select Modify|Convert|Polygons to Subdiv. I got an error when doing the last step.

Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

TC

FYI - the tutorial is from MAYA Character Animation by Jae-jin Choi.

# 2 27-03-2003 , 07:16 PM
The Maya Mountain
Open the script editor and fine out. user added image

Window> General Editors > Script Editor.

Most likely not raising the maximum base mesh faces in the options. Default is 1000. Most high res models have more faces than that. Can't download your file at the moment to find out if that's the case for you right now. sorry.

# 3 27-03-2003 , 08:07 PM
yeah just do what Mike said that the problem mate.....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 27-03-2003 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
Thank you you both.

It worked.

TC