Looks good, however I believe the basis of a good realism cg render is precisly making it look like it´s not a cg render.
How could you make it more realistic?
- Lower the orange's specularity
- Apple´s looking good, however I´d lower it a bit in scale.
- Some miniscratches in the apple perhaps?, make her look less "perfect".
- Cup looks a wee bit as if it was made out of clay, refine it a bit, this applies also to the fressnel effect.
- Maybe lower a bit the surface´s reflectivity -don´t remember the exact cg term-
- Apply a DOF (depth of field) to the picture, WILL look more realistic, trust me. If you have a problem making the effect work, perhaps try to render in layers and blur a bit the background layer in Photoshop.
Hope this helps bud, looks good already, but it´ll go better if you take these into account ...
By the way, I understand you´re new to the forum, and as such I´ll make this one just a note, WIP means Work In Progress, which is why you can post your advances in your images in the same thread, try not to make new ones as you progress as this will clutter the forum. Let´s keep it clean, shall we?