Thanks for the comments guys. As for the texture that's currently on most of the bot, a simple cloud, I too do not like it, but seeing as how I absolutely stink at texturing, it will have to stay. I have Photoshop, but I don't know how to use it well, yet.
And now for a little background information. I made this model during spring break then added some final detail to it yesterday, which probably makes this the best model I've ever done in the shortest amount of time. It is fully rigged and animatable (is that a word?) by set driven keys. The hardest part was setting up the pistons so they moved correctly when the legs bent and making the wires flexible, too. There are six pistons for each leg, two aim constraints for each piston, and four legs, so that comes out to be 48 constraints total. Unfortunately, constraints do not duplicate, so I had to manually create each one.
As for the wires, there are six on each leg and each one has an IK handle plus a 10 joint skeleton. The parenting of the skeleton to a leg part, then the parenting of the IK handle to another leg part was a nightmare because it took so long. I ended up redoing a lot of the IK handles because having the handle travel all the way down the skeletal joints of the wires was a bad choice. I didn't find this out until I tried to animate the legs and saw that the wires weren't flexing correctly.
Anyway, the pistons and wires were the most difficult. The big long, tube-like arms you see coming out of the sides are animated by set driven keys like the legs. That wasn't too oftly hard. I wish I could have stuck an IK handle on it for more freedom, but it didn't work out.
So, there's your history lesson for today on Chris Watts' (me) mech.