Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-05-2003 , 11:53 PM

Gallery Submission: Chocks Away

Here it is: one of the stills from my WIP animation. Can I get an animation in the gallery or is it only stills?

I have higher res versions for the gallery

Alan

Attached Thumbnails

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 23-05-2003 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
Man you sure came a long ways with this.. great job! I loved this animation so much.. so many good ideas and great imagination put into it. Your eye for realism is great when it comes to the paper getting blown up and the camera views user added image. The only thing i dont like about this video would have to be the speed of the planes, i realise that its hard for it to be perfect, but they did look like they were following a path almost.. im not complaining though.. as i realise how hard it must of been! If you were to add certain things to this.. i would add cracks (lines) through the floorboards, where the next board was placed down.. other than that.. great job, and it was top notch quality!.. I LOVED your selection of music user added image.. now all you need is a GI_Joe to jump out of the plane with his parachute when there in the air.. hahaha.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 23-05-2003 , 12:47 AM
Pure_Morning
The animation is very cool. I enjoyed it a lot.

As per the Gallery image I recommend you rework one of the frames entirely for these purpose -specially on the lighting- since the plane drowns in shadow, and you find the image to be uninteresting.

# 4 23-05-2003 , 01:06 AM
yeah adl I think you're right, trouble is I really am sick of the sight of this thing!! user added image I may re-work it at a later date. So for now i wont submit it.

M: There was going to be a scene with something jumping out and parachuting down.... but then I realised that I dont want to kill myself completley over the project!! user added image The music is the luckiest part of the WHOLE project! I did a rough edit and then went about finding music (not a brilliant idea but nevermind!) so I had this benny hill music that I thought worked well ect and the cust synched with the animation by accident!! but it looked good!

then I realised that I had done the soundtrack to match a 30fps render of the video which mean that when i dumped it to tape it was all out of synch! user added image So I have spent today fixing that and so the benny hill music had to be cut up and pasted together and i was getting nasty joins. So i tried the indiana jones theme and guess what the cuts synched again!! The cut at the end from the last shot to the credits cracks me up everytime i see it (Believe me I know it's not funny but after this long on the project it doesnt take much for me to crack up!!!! user added image)

Glad you guys enjoyed it and maybe i will re-visit it someday (I really wanna re-model the plane cause it sucks right now!!)

Alan

IMDB
# 5 01-06-2003 , 03:32 PM
is the bed cloth modeled or is it maya cloth

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 6 01-06-2003 , 08:05 PM
bed cloth was modelled by creating curves and then lofting them and pulling the control points to look like wrinkles etc.

IMDB