Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-05-2003 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber

default mlRoto layer when I open new file ?

Hi,

When Maya (4.5) starts up and I get a new .Untitled file, everything is ok. However if I then go to New file, I get another .Untitled file, but this time there is now something called "mlRoto" listed in the outliner.

user added image

What is this mlRoto thing ? How do I stop it creating it as default in new files? I've looked through the online help and had a quick search on the net but can't find anything about it at all. Is there a default file template somewhere in the Maya program folder that I may have accidentally screwed up? (I've tried deleting my Maya home directory so it started with defaults but that didn't help).

Thanks,
Pete

Last edited by badbunny; 24-05-2003 at 06:36 PM.
# 2 25-05-2003 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber
Well... I got really fed up with it so reinstalled Maya which did the trick. If anyone does know what that thing was though I'd be interested to find out.

Pete.

# 3 25-05-2003 , 08:03 PM
Sure, it is a node for Maya LIVEuser added image

So you got Unlimited too huh?

Welcome!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 26-05-2003 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
yup...
Cheers for the welcome... I did join SM about 8 months ago though, when I first decided I was going to get into 3D and was umming and ahhing over whether to go Lightwave, 3DS or Maya... but my job has kindof destroyed all of my spare time for the last 6 months, and I'm only just getting the time (and energy) to start getting back into it.

Having great fun learning the absolute basics at the mo. Everything new I come across (which is a lot) is like Wow and stuff user added image Its great.

Pete.

# 5 27-05-2003 , 02:11 AM
hehe.. sry Pete, my baduser added image

Ever since Dave and Kev removed the post counter, I've been confused as to who has been here before, and who is neweruser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com