Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-05-2003 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber

problems selecting camera to batch render

Hi,

I'm going through a tutorial in the book Maya 4 Fundamentals (Chapter 4 - the boat animation). When I batch render, it renders both the perspective view and the camera view, so that it is taking twice as long. I only want it to render the camera view.

In trying to troubleshoot it, I've found that if I set the Camera in the Render Globals to "persp (Renderable)", if I exit the Render Globals and come back into it again, the Camera has changed back to "BoatCameraShape (Renderable)".

I've also just found that if I load the finished tutorial file off the CD-ROM that none of the cameras have that "(Renderable)" after them in the Render Globals. What does that "(Renderable)" mean ? If I create a camera it doesn't have it after, so how do I get rid of that from the perspective view and the camera ?

Thanks,

Pete.

Last edited by badbunny; 26-05-2003 at 09:49 PM.
# 2 26-05-2003 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
Aha... if I go into the camera's attributes, then under the Output Settings turn off the Renderable switch, I can then select the camera properly in the Render Globals. Sorted.

Pete.

# 3 26-05-2003 , 10:11 PM
Glad to know you sorted it mate.
That´s the spirit. Not just wait for answers, but work towards overcoming the obstacle. user added image

# 4 27-05-2003 , 03:47 AM

boat

i had the same problem but sloved it and the animation looks great!!!

# 5 30-05-2003 , 07:56 AM
Hi,

I'm just now experiencing the same problem.

Badbunny... I understand you solved everything, but it's still not clear to me if it's sufficient to turn off the Renderable switch from the Output Setting to have the animation correctly rendered by Maya from the Camera View...

At the moment, I also need to wait for all the frames from the Perspective View to be first rendered completely, before the ones from the Cameria View get processed by the Batch render.

The camera in the Render Globals is set to "BoatCameraShape (Renderable)". What is the effect of the "Renderable" attribute on the camera?

Thanks in advance.

Avoosl

P.S. Sorry if a don't run some tests by myself... I cannot temporarily access my computer and I'm too much curious about the solution to this problem!!!