Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-06-2003 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

extruded surfaces

Hello

I am trying to extrude a surface using a CV curve and a path. The path is a 3-sided square, completely ortogonal. My problem is in the curve.

It's CVs are not all in the same plane, and the curve seems to be a little inclined relative to the side and top planes. Then when I extrude it, the resulting surface is non-linear, with its width varying along the path.

I was wondering if there is a tool to make all the CVs to reside on the same plane and the curve to be paralell to a given plane.

Thanx in advance!!
Daniel

# 2 17-06-2003 , 03:23 PM
I may give you a partial response. If you want to have all your CVs on a ingle plane try utilizing your Vertex snap constrained to a single axis. Also, you could select all your CVs and snap them together (also on a single axis constraint) to a grid, curve or another vertex.
I also have problems pertaining non uniform extrusions and I am yet to find an answer