Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-06-2003 , 05:18 AM

Embedded text

what is the easiest way to embed text on a cube, so that, for instance, DrKnow is impressed onto a cube.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 2 21-06-2003 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Booleans.

Polygons>Boolean>Difference. You may have to subdivide your cube a few times to get good results though. Oh, and your text has to be 3D and not flat.

# 3 21-06-2003 , 07:33 AM
Yes, It worked, but my text is impressed outward, when I need it inward. Any help here. When I move the text to the inside of the cube it just disappears when I use the boolean.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 4 21-06-2003 , 08:29 AM
For that I believe you would use the "subtract" option.

Am I right on that Darkware?

...ps, DAM dude, your avitar REALLY freaks me out at night! LOLuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 21-06-2003 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
Subtract is an option for nurbs booleans. I was assuming he wanted it to be in polygons, so I gave him Difference, which is the same as subtract - only it's for polygons. user added image

And if you can't get it to work try doing one letter at a time. Maya will be stuburn with the boolean command from time to time, so it may take some tweaking. Try deleting your history after each boolean for instance.

Izzy - lol. Sorry, don't mean to scare ya' dude! Don't worry though. It's only a bunch of pixils aligned in such a fashion as to resemble my face with 50% of the colors being inverted. Think of it that way instead. user added image

# 6 21-06-2003 , 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Darkware
Izzy - lol. Sorry, don't mean to scare ya' dude! Don't worry though. It's only a bunch of pixils aligned in such a fashion as to resemble my face with 50% of the colors being inverted. Think of it that way instead. user added image

LMAO! Very good reply.