Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-06-2003 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber

Help with animating gravity

Help. I'm playing around with animating the construction of things and then applying gravity to one object after its built.

I first animate the construction of a portion of a nurbTorus. Then a few frames later, I animate the construction of a nurbSphere. I then make the nurbTorus a Rigid Body so that the sphere, once gravity is applied, will collide with the torus and ultimately drain through the center. Pretty straight forward.

I apply the gravity field to the sphere and get nothing. I once had it to where the sphere would react to gravity field, but was falling while it was being built and I would like to have it fall AFTER it is built.

Any suggestions? Scene file attached.

user added image

Attached Files
File Type: mb dynamics_02.mb (56.6 KB, 281 views)
# 2 21-06-2003 , 11:58 PM
Key the magnitude of the gravity field to only effect dynamic objects at only the time you want them to fall or whatever.

...had this prob in the past as well, hope it works for youuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 22-06-2003 , 12:57 PM
Subscriber
You are awesome Rage! Worked like a champ.

Frame 0: set grav mag to 0 and keyed
Frame 299: set grav mag to 0 and keyed
Frame 300: set grav mag to 9.8

Thanks a lot!

# 4 22-06-2003 , 08:18 PM
PERFECTO dude!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com