Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-06-2003 , 04:23 AM

Hey Everyone!

I'd just like to say hello, I just signed up to this site today and plan to be around quite a bit. If anyone has any suggestions for someone trying to learn how to patch model with NURBS I'd love to hear them. Specifically, I'm just starting modelling and am attempting to make a yellow rubber duck. I made the body from a sphere and a head from a sphere and am now trying to connect them with a neck and am having trouble trying to get tangency. I feel I am severely lacking basic modelling techniques and would love any advice or links so I can better my skills. Hope to hear from anyone and everyone soon!

010110 - mike

# 2 22-06-2003 , 06:23 AM
If you want to learn patching fast.. make a car. I swear dude... it will be worth it if you finish.. too bad you may throw your computer out the window out of frustration before then.

# 3 22-06-2003 , 03:56 PM
Car huh? What's the best place to start? Any tutorials or suggestions?

# 4 22-06-2003 , 04:32 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hey man, welcome to our humble home, here at Simply Maya. Patch model, eh? I havent really seen any tutorials on patch modeling, but to get you started out, check out the free tutorials here at SM. They helped me out alot. See ya around. user added image

- Hybrid
# 5 22-06-2003 , 10:50 PM
dont know any maya tutorials for it. But goto the battle arena and me and hybrid have a car battle going on. Might give you some ideas.

# 6 22-06-2003 , 11:00 PM
You could always use the "search" feature as that's what it's there for. You'll find plenty of car-realted threads in the WIP, NURBS, and Battle forums. Also check the tutorial database. Do a search for "subaru" to get started.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."