Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-07-2003 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber

Deleting Vertex?

Anybody know why I can't delete slected vertecies that were made using a poly Extrude Face? user added image

I tried deleting the history, nothing, if i select the vertecies again, it says "nothing slected"

-Emo

# 2 06-07-2003 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
Hi Emo,

could you e.g. post a picture of it?

btw. are there any edges connected to the vertice?

I usually can't delete vertices if there are 3 or more edges connected to it, if there are more than 3 edges connected to the vertice I have to delete these edges first... an other problem I sometimes have is if the vertice is on a borderedge (Display --> Polygon components --> border edges)....

sometimes I can't delete the vertices with the delete button, but I have to use the delete vertex function... (Edit polygons --> delete vertex), but it delete both the vertice and all the connected edges... so I usually use the other method since I usually want one of the edges to stay...

I hope this isn't to messy... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 3 06-07-2003 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
here you go:

it deletes everything else except the vertecies that were created with Poly's Ectrude Face

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 06-07-2003 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber
Hi Emo,

strange... I guess it is in the "red marked" area the problem is... how much of it do you want to keep?

regards

Strarup

Attached Thumbnails

Alex V. U. Strarup

# 5 06-07-2003 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber
Hi Emo,

why I'm asking is because if you want to keep the square (blue "face") then you can e.g. use the split polygon with the two lower vertices (yellow)... then you should have a whole faced square... and then you can e.g. just delete the rest (purple) e.g. by selecting them as faces...

otherwise it might also be possible to select the "orange" vertice and pointsnap it to the nearest yellow vertice, and then merge it with a value of 0.001, and then delete the "green" vertice...

but I'm just not sure what exactly you want... hope this is not to messy explained... user added image

regards

Strarup

Attached Thumbnails

Alex V. U. Strarup

# 6 06-07-2003 , 03:52 PM
The Maya Mountain
you could try deleting faces instead.

# 7 06-07-2003 , 06:34 PM
Are you just selecting the vertices and hitting delete? Did you try using the menu option Edit Poygons > Delete Vertex? If that doesn't work, deleting faces is often more reliable.

# 8 07-07-2003 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
you could try deleting faces instead.

hehe, wow, I feel dumb user added image

Thanks for all the help you guys (especially strarup for trying to help me)

but sorry I didnt make myself clear in the first place, strarup I wanted to get rid of the WHOLE thing and deleting the faces like maike said worked

Originally posted by Dann

Are you just selecting the vertices and hitting delete? Did you try using the menu option Edit Poygons > Delete Vertex?

hehe, don't worry, I know better user added image (thanks for help though)

Also, for anybody to know just in case, DONT ever hit the delete button when you want to delete an edge! It will delete it, but it wont delete the vertecies that wre connected to it!

-Emo

# 9 07-07-2003 , 01:23 PM
The Maya Mountain

Originally posted by Emo
Also, for anybody to know just in case, DONT ever hit the delete button when you want to delete an edge! It will delete it, but it wont delete the vertecies that wre connected to it!

-Emo

Yeah, it's best to use the Edit Polygons > Delete Edge command. It will get rid of the vertices as well.

# 10 07-07-2003 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
I have ran into the same problem with trying to delete something like this, but what worked for me was hitting F8 turning the object green the deleting the history then the object.