Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-07-2003 , 12:54 AM

Pivot problem

Hi people.... Hope u doing all good!!!

well... My question is why does everytime I dublicate or even creating CV curve the pivot set to the center of the grid????
and my other Q is how do I create Glass material/texture on or maybe i should say apply on obejct???

Many Thanx...

I have lil advise To all the newbies like me:

Start model things that u see when u working... It can be stuff on ur desk,Start with simple stuff like cups candle... & etc. after u that u feel lil better with Maya ,Start exploring the shader and rest of the option that could make ur object more realistic.I think its a good way to start - cause u actually do things that u see... so U know how it should look like,and u practicing with observation-And that is most important- To observe and then to think with what tools should u use to make that object... Think about it.

Sorry about the english.

Thanx
Avi

# 2 21-07-2003 , 01:04 AM
The Maya Mountain
most new object's pivot is put in the center of the grid, as for most of the time, good workflow is to work on the origin. You can easily center the pivot to your object with Modify > Center Pivot.

# 3 21-07-2003 , 08:42 AM
or select the object youwant to adjust the pivoyt for, hit the insert key, and move the pivot where you want it to be, then hit insert again to exit pivot adjustment mode.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S