Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-08-2003 , 04:04 PM

setting up maya for dual screen

Hello

I need to know if it possible to make a dual screen, one for modelling and one for texturing like in photoshop 1 screen for the tools and one for the picture.

thx a lot

# 2 12-08-2003 , 04:24 PM
not sure i understand what you mean...but you can go to panel>layout>two panes side by side

and the for each of them click panel >perspective > persp

in each of them use the shading you want

- TwEeK
# 3 12-08-2003 , 04:39 PM
Maya's dual-monitor support is kinda wiggy sometimes. It's easy enough, though, to simply move windows over to your second display. Depending on the task at hand, I often move my Outliner and Hypershade windows to my second display to maximize viewing areas.

Another thing that I like to do is open Maya on one display and then Photoshop on the other one. Then, I can paint in Photoshop, quickly switch over to Maya to update the texture, rotate the model, whatever, then move back over to Photoshop to continue painting.

Also, since I do a lot troubleshooting of scene files, I like to open the Script Editor on my second display and expand it to fill half the screen. That way, I can see everything streaming as I work.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job

Last edited by dannyngan; 12-08-2003 at 04:42 PM.
# 4 06-09-2003 , 08:50 AM

jafounet

va ds les parametres openGL de ta carte et coche ou décoche (me rapelle plus): pemetrre extension etc;;etc;;
ainsi ,,tu pourras avoir maya sur 2 écrans!

# 5 08-09-2003 , 08:45 PM
thx a lot

heu gorjie t pas ouf de parler français, ici c'est pas trop conseillé
mouhahaha

chouette de trouver un chti gars du pays iciuser added image