Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-09-2003 , 02:42 AM

how to put demo to tape or dvd?

Does anyone know how to take a Quick Time video (such as a demo reel) and burn it onto a dvd or save it to a vhs tape without the quicktime playbar showing? (i.e. have it play fullscreen)
I have a new dvd burner that came with some software for burning dvd's but it won't accept QuickTimes or the avi codexes I am using.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb

Last edited by Kurt; 24-09-2003 at 02:44 AM.
# 2 24-09-2003 , 02:52 AM
Well, Kurt I believe you have to convert it first to some MPEG compliant format before authoring the DVD.

For this I recommend I very good site which has a lot of good help regarding this situation.

www.vcdhelp.com

... by the way, best applet to actually deal with the conversion .. tmpgenc.

Hope this helps buddy, user added image

If you want to put it on a VHS, you could feed the screen to a VHS connecting the video-out out of your video card to your vhs video-in, and then just run the video.

Last edited by adldesigner; 24-09-2003 at 02:54 AM.
# 3 24-09-2003 , 07:03 AM
Yup, DVD uses MPEG2 and TMPGENC is a good mpeg encoder.

To transfer to tape I usually size my stuff to DV resolution and play it back to my camcoder via firewire. Then I connect the camera's analog outputs to my VCR to record on VHS. The reason for this hassle is quality. Way better than connecting directly from my video card to the VCR plus I can make a digital (mini DV) copy of the animation at the same time.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 24-09-2003 , 07:45 AM
I use premieer to export to tape on my GL1 and then plug it in to a really nice vcr. Its quick, and i get decent results.. user added image gotta convert it to ad to dvd though.
B

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 24-09-2003 , 07:50 AM

Originally posted by kbrown
To transfer to tape I usually size my stuff to DV resolution and play it back to my camcoder via firewire. Then I connect the camera's analog outputs to my VCR to record on VHS. The reason for this hassle is quality. Way better than connecting directly from my video card to the VCR plus I can make a digital (mini DV) copy of the animation at the same time.

Very good trick. DidnĀ“t know it. Thanks mate!

# 6 24-09-2003 , 03:45 PM
lol ya beat me to it Kbrown! Fastest typer in the west! :2gunfire:

Please check
My (old) website!
# 7 24-09-2003 , 04:15 PM
\Me no have camcorder=( I suck at all this out put stuff (wish i had a perception machine like at school..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 24-09-2003 , 04:31 PM

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
lol ya beat me to it Kbrown! Fastest typer in the west! :2gunfire:

Lol, had nothing to do at work but hitting the refresh button at SM :p

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!