Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-10-2003 , 07:58 AM
Subscriber

Combustion with Maya?

I know combustion is well integrated with Max but is it a bad idea using it if you are a Maya user?
I mean what is better for a Maya user Combustion or After Effects?

grrrr
# 2 02-10-2003 , 12:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
My Art Director really likes Digital Fusion. I've not used either, so I dunno. user added image

# 3 02-10-2003 , 12:33 PM
I just downloaded the Digital Fusion demo. Looks pretty powerful. I by no means am not a DF master but I've watched many tutorial videos and it really looks like a nice proggie. What warms my heart about it is the fact the it's node based (like shake i believe) instead of layer based (like after effects).

Btw, there is a demo versin of combustion too...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 02-10-2003 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber
Great DF gets thrown in by you guys now:-)
It's just I have to make something quick and i need to pick one to do some compositing. No time to experiment and then decide. I downloaded combustion and I like it but I am just not sure how well it will work with Maya?

grrrr
# 5 02-10-2003 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber
i dont think there are any compositing programs as tightly integrated with maya as combustion is with max, hwoever, the new combustion (version 3) is meant to integrate with maya, so id check that out

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 03-10-2003 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber
https://www.designerscadd.com/Product..._datasheet.pdf

It says integration with industry standard creative tools like Flash, PS, AI, Max + MAYA!!!!

Looking good :-)

I think I am starting to like Combustion more than AE plus it's cheaper. It looks cleaner to me but I am slightly hooked on Adobe. I think I will go for Combustion anyway. One can always pick AE later if the need ever arises.

grrrr