Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-11-2003 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber

Texturing Help

Can anyone recommend a good source that will teach me the absolute basics of UV texture mapping in Maya? I need a step-by-step guide on how to take, say, a cube, create a UV map that I can import into Photoshop. Then I need a step-by-step on how to re-import my photoshop output and add it to my model.

All the tutorials that I have seen involve "unwrapping UV's" which I have no concept of - let alone start trying.

I looked through our tuts here but there doesnt seem to be a great one. If one of our tut makers (Kevin, Mike etc) would spend 20 minutes throwing one together, that would be AWESOME!

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 2 20-11-2003 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
Ignore that post... I just watched the planar/uv mapping tutorial and now I get it. Whether I can do it or not is a different question... but at least I get it! user added image

That'll do donkey... that'll do...