Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-12-2003 , 02:15 AM

How do I..?

How do I copy a certain axis for a certain number of frames?

I want to copy only the Y axis for 15 frames, its a ball bouncing, I already set up it going through the x axis, so right now its basicly a ball going from 5 units up on the Y axis, going down then going in a straight line(on the x axis), I want to only copy the amount it goes down on the Y axis not how much it moves on the x axis. I can of course do it manually but I'd just like to know for future refrence.

I really hope you can understand that, I'm not very good at explaining, sorry.

Thanks alot, I appreciate it.

# 2 02-12-2003 , 02:54 AM
One fast way to do this is to first move your playback head to the frame where the ball is in the position you like (in your case, y=5). Then, middle-mouse click on your destination frame. The scene will maintain the current position. Then, right-click on translateY in the channel box and choose "Key Selected". Voila! There you go. user added image

You can also copy and paste keys in the Dope Sheet.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 02-12-2003 , 02:56 AM
Thnx Thnx