Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-01-2004 , 08:43 PM

netscale network render

Email i sent netscale today if anyone here can help or offer suggestions on how I can set up my 3 comps to work together
to render images then id love to hear it.

This is my 4th whole weekend that I have spent trying to get this
to work so its not like i havent tried believe me .
Anyway back to the letter

Hi netscale people
Long story short.

Having trouble using netscale
Win xp maya 5 (student licence) full version
?
I want to be able to have my 3 cpu's render an image (single frame) for me in record breaking
times hehe, by splitting the image - for example a 320/240 image in between 3 computers to
let each computer work on a separe part of the image and then recalculate it to display on the
computer I do my work from.
?
1) Do you call this process Real-time Image-Scatter Display?

If this is possible then I will be purchasing 3 cpu netscale licences if I can get this to work of course.

The link below is to a divx 2mb screencapture which is me adding a cpu and then trying to do an
image scatter render. (if it would help I could do a more detailed screen cap of the full proccess)
I am getting a sorry we have encountered a problem and have to close error message.

click here

Net conne.exe is running.
I have spent 6 hours today trying to figure this out by myself and am at a wits end, hopefully you
can shed some light.
I cant get this to work at all not with image scatter nor with just rendering out one frame on one pc
nor rendering an animation.

Regards