Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-09-2011 , 03:43 PM

phew! wasnt easy but here it is! guys see my final animation

hello everyone!

I am a beginner in maya and i just made my very first animation. everything was actually my first in it. i did character modeling, textures, lights, riggigng and animation for the very first time in maya. wasn't easy at all and i have been posting a lot on forums asking questions but now it is done!

kindly have a look on it! i worked really hard on it, would really appreciate if you comment on it.

My Peace of Mind - YouTube

plus if there are things that i can improve, do tell. learning never stops and i have yet to learn tons! user added imageuser added imageuser added image

# 2 15-09-2011 , 03:45 PM
and i am so sorry to be a nuisance if i ask you to like it on youtube if you actually liked it, otherwise no problem. user added image

# 3 15-09-2011 , 04:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
just on the way out so don't have time to comment propaly other than to say that's a hell of a first effort nice job!

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 15-09-2011 , 05:10 PM
thanks David, i really appreciate your comment, in fact i am so happy to hear it user added image

# 5 15-09-2011 , 09:46 PM
Super Moderator
Not bad at all for a first shot! The story progression kind of rambled oddly along. They seem to be in the same house but there was no indication of their relationship, it's like he doesn't even know who they are and what they're doing there but doesn't say a word about it. That is not believable to me and not understanding any of that made the robbery(not to mention them just hanging around afterwards) and the zombie comment confusing.

- Genny
# 6 16-09-2011 , 01:44 AM
EduSciVis-er
First off, way to go! No small feat! The part where the band member stole his books too made me laugh. If I was going to make a critique, I would say the animation is the area that needs the most work. That is to say, if you really worked hard on the animation, it would improve the short more than working on the lighting, for example (I think others would disagree).
Try tackling a shorter project, or even take a small segment of this and see how far you can push the animation. Make sure the body mechanics make sense (act it out yourself) and work on making it fluid and organic (open up the graph editor and change up the tangents, for example). Make sure there's no slipping on the ground during walking.
In another area, I thought the cuts could have been tighter and the pacing improved. Finally, I agree with Genny that the story didn't have a strong introduction or premise.
But all that aside, keep up the good work!

# 7 16-09-2011 , 10:50 AM
thank you guys for viewing it.
yes i agree story is not strong point here and yes animation can be improved. I'll work on the animation from now on wards like making short animation or clips to get a hand on it.
user added image

may be i didn't establish the main character as well as i thought i did. he is afraid of loud noises and he is an introvert. when he sees band members, what he thought was all about the noises they were going to make. (they are in different apartments) but i got your point and I agree. next time will work on the pre-production more. user added image

I just thought once I get the big picture and understand it then my learning curve would increase and I would understand shorts more. user added image

again thank you.

# 8 29-04-2012 , 11:39 PM
Hey Zainab07, I was wondering if you created anything more to show us your progression from then to now user added image

Brandon
# 9 08-05-2012 , 09:53 AM
hey brandon, I got admission in ianimate.net workshop 1 and I am learning animation now the proper way. will upload some work later user added image thanks for taking interest!

# 10 08-05-2012 , 08:47 PM
Can't wait to see it user added image

Brandon