Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-03-2005 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber

Creating environmental 3d landscapes

Well the title of the subject pretty much says it all. I'm not sure if maya is the best tool to do this so if it isn't feel free to suggest another application to do so.

Basically I have never been able to find a tutorial that shows how to create something as simple as lets say....a lake with a field around it and you have a nice sky with clouds and good lighting. Something simple

I wouldnt mind learning anything advanced either, I'm not a complete noobie. Thanks for any information that could point me in the right direction.

# 2 17-03-2005 , 05:16 PM
Technical Director
Um, taragen is good. I think it can only output as an image.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-03-2005 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
for Terragen there are exporters to goto .obj (maya), .3ds (max) etc...it natively exports to .lwo (lightwave) in the landscape window. there's a button for export.

I haven't had much luck with the add-on exporters though, so you'll probably be better off exporting to .lwo and importing to Maya or using a file format converter...such as Quick3d or something.

# 4 17-03-2005 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
all i can say is...WOW.

Terragen is so easy to use, looks beautiful, and the best part...its FREE.

Thanks for the info guys. This should be a lot of fun; especially once I import to maya and can tweak it up a bit.

THANKS user added image

# 5 17-03-2005 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
Ok well free to an extent, but still very usable