Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-09-2003 , 07:01 AM
19 year Veteran

Light Bulb

I did two variations on this one. The first one sucked. This second one turned out much better. The lighting was the hardest thing about it, so thats what I focused the most on.

Comments are welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-09-2003 , 11:07 AM
Subscriber
hmm. the glass should be visible (have a look at a lightbulb anywhere, you should be able to make out its shape). Use the materials incandescene to bring it out a little. You should try to use an extruded surface as the light filament and the glow should be readable.

its a bit dark too and a little hard to tell what's going on. But the lighting on the bulb should illuminate the surrounds a lot more. I would lose the shiny table surface. There's a short film you can download if your connection is fast enough - there are 2 actually - its called BULB and BULB 2. Look for them if you can - I can't remember where I found them from but they'll be usefully to see CGI lighting could be done.

# 3 19-09-2003 , 10:43 PM
19 year Veteran
Thanks for the comment, and the suggestions! I will keep working on it.