Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-08-2005 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber

problems

I pasted an object from another scene but even though there's no keyframes in the timeslider, the object is moving. how can i keep it still?

or sometimes i have an object go linear from key A to key B but for some reason it doesnt move linear and moves to some key C in between. how can i find out whats really going on with teh motion of an object beyond the timeslider?

and finally, sometimes i select an object and the transformation tools come up at the origin of the grid rather than directly at the object. is there a way to fix this or would i need to just recreate the object?

and please dont think i'm asking right after the problems occur. i have tried many ways to figure them out but still perplexed.

tks for your help

# 2 29-08-2005 , 08:15 PM
hi danotron

for the transformation tool at the axis' origin. it is the pivot point of your object. you have some alternatives with it. either you choose from the modify menu -> center pivot wich places the pivotPoint right into the center of your object, or you can hit the INSERT key on your keyboard and move the pivot itself. in addition to that you might hold down X for gridSnapping, C for curveSnapping, or V for jointSnapping.

can´t say much about your animation problem cause I´m not very familiar with it so far. but did you ever have a look at the Graph Editor? goto Graph Editor with the object selected. there you have all your movements/changes recorded.

greez falott

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 29-08-2005 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber
great! thanks for your help falott