Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-06-2006 , 08:19 AM

Camera Image plane

How do u get the image plane thats set to the camera so it doesn't get squashed when u go the right or try to go up.
I know it can be done because ive seen it on a tutorial but it didn't explain it.
Thanks

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 2 05-06-2006 , 09:17 AM
please don't double post your questions.

what do you mean "gets squashed". When you move the camera?

Thanks

user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 05-06-2006 , 03:41 PM
alright alright, it wont happen again. Probably should have posted it here first since this forum gets the most views.

Anyway if u get a reference image go to view>image plane>import image when u move the camera in a certain amount the image distorts. Try it and u will understand what im talking about. The only way i know how to fix this is by creating another front or side camera, but ive seen it done just by importing an image normally but there must be something u check or uncheck or change or input a value or something......i dont know..................................thats why im posting here. Anyone out there know how post a reply.

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 4 05-06-2006 , 04:08 PM
The easy way to do it is to make a nurb plane, then make a hypershade color, then assign the image to the color, and the color to the plane....I made a big post on how to do it all on a different thread...

# 5 05-06-2006 , 04:18 PM
i know how to do it that way but i was asking if u know how to make the image not distort when importing it into the camera.
Maybe the tutorial i have has two more cameras for the side and front views, but i doubt it.

# 6 05-06-2006 , 04:56 PM
post a screen capture of it distorting cause I've never heard of anything like this happening.

A

IMDB
# 7 05-06-2006 , 05:17 PM
normal

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 05-06-2006 , 05:18 PM
then when u move the camera down it kind of moves with it

Attached Thumbnails

# 9 05-06-2006 , 05:21 PM
ok I can't seem to recreate that. Can you post up step by step of what you did and I will try.

user added image
A

IMDB
# 10 05-06-2006 , 05:26 PM
i went to view>image plane>import image and imported the image. Then if u move the camera to the right or up its fine and doesn't distort but if u move the camera down or to the left it distorts.
Im using the Alt MMB to move the front camera. This also happens in the side and top views aswell.

# 11 05-06-2006 , 06:48 PM
ok that sounds like a display driver issue. Try upgrading to the latest drivers.

user added image
A

IMDB