Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-03-2007 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber

Low poly axe

Just doing a quick challenge for myself. It's actually a challenge from another site from their archives. Anyways its to do a low poly (250 tris max) medieval weapon of your choice. It doesn't have to be a replica, it just has to look cool.

So for a bit of fun and some practice, i'm gonna do what I can to this axe this weekend. It's based off a few danish battle axe references. So far i've modelled and unwrapped this in about 1 hour and a half. I might go back and clean up and tweak a bit. I'll probably have to unwrap it again but oh well, again I need the practice. Here's a wire (with some dodgy lighting), contructive crits appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-03-2007 , 04:31 AM
It looks very good user added image You might add some kind of grip to the bottom of the handle to keep it from slipping out of the characters hand. Are you going to texture it?

RAM disk is not an installation procedure.
# 3 18-03-2007 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
That will be normal mapped.... if at all. The references ive seen are bare wood handles, but I'm kinda with you - it looks like it should have a handle for some reason, so I might normal map one on anyway user added image Thanks for the crit!

# 4 18-03-2007 , 11:29 PM
Yeah, a bump map would probably do it. If it is a one handed axe then you might not need a grip at all. Cool project, keep it up : )

RAM disk is not an installation procedure.
# 5 19-03-2007 , 02:29 AM
Looks pretty good. IT will look even better when textureed!.

~Cass

Gotta Luv bein blong!
-----------------------------------
Check out my site at cassandraroth.blogspot.com