Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-07-2003 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber

key framing

have a question on how to keyframe without the transition to the next frame like on color from blue to red just doesn't go straight to the red. and also are there any tuts out there on bullet time camera effects?

# 2 30-07-2003 , 05:16 AM
The Maya Mountain
Once you set your keys, you can adjust there interpolation in the Graph Editor (under Animation Editors). You can make the interpolation stepped, which will make it remain red and then flip to blue at the requested frame, or, for example, spline, where it gradually fades between blue to red. There are other options as well, but that's some examples.

As for bullet time effects, I would imagine the easiest thing to do would be to animate and render normally, then grab all your key frames and stretch them out over a much longer time frame to slow down the action.

You might also consider doing some of the slow down in post production programs, such as After FX or Premeir.

# 3 30-07-2003 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber
thanks mike i watched a tutorial on the key frames once but fortgot where i watched . seems easy enough . in after effects would i just change the frame rate on the animation or what don't really follow.

# 4 01-08-2003 , 06:00 PM
Subscriber
i agree with mike, that it is easiest to animate in normal speed. but for the render if you stretch it in post, then quality will go down. you can render the animation out slower with the by frame option. so if you want to render frames 40 to 45 stretched to one second you would render like this:
Code:
render -s 40 -e 45 -b 0.25 bullet.mb
and it will render instead of 6 frames 24 frames (for 24 fps, one second, 4 times slower). and then you have to render each snippet seperate - before bullet time, bullet time, after bullet time. and then composite them together with 24 fps.

and for completely freezing the scene, just dont animate anything and only move the cam (but could be problematic if you have time dependant materials).

p.s.: the frame rates are from movies, you might want to adjust it to 25 or 30 frames user added image