Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-09-2003 , 02:11 PM

Mech Update

Hello.. I have been working like crazy on trying to get a modeling demo done by Monday. The studio that I was applying for a matchmoving position, really wants to see my modeling work as well.. So, most of the stuff on it is going to have to be Playblast, with a shaded mode and then wireframe over shaded. So, before i show each model, i am going to show a rendered pic. Here is the idea that I had for my mechs, I thought that I would render them with the toon shader... What do you think?? If someone could be nice user added image and let me upload the demo on there server, then I can show u guys my modeling demo. THanks,

Brian

btw I will post the other four with the vector render, as i get them done

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 19-09-2003 , 03:53 PM
here is the next...

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 19-09-2003 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
I like the toon shader, but it loses that great detail and tiny weeny wow he even modelled that factor that I think is really strong in your work.

It's a good way of showing things off, but it doesn't seem to do your models justice, simply because you are so good with detail and precision and toons always seem more vague.

I'd include it, but some plain ones might also bring out the details, perhaps some of your usual well done MR or GI effects.

# 4 19-09-2003 , 05:27 PM
thanks for your opinion... Yeah, there will be more, and there will be an animated camera rotating around the shaded (not toon) model. I figured I have alot of other stuff with the regular render, I though thtat I could show something with the toon render. Thanks!
Brian

btw i am onl going to do one other.

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 20-09-2003 , 12:32 PM
SimplyAwesome.com

# 6 20-09-2003 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
Brian, thsi is amazing and I'd love you to use my server to show us user added image

just give me a few hours because I have to go out now but when I get back, I'll PM you with details...

-Emo

# 7 20-09-2003 , 10:46 PM
thanks alot emo!! I will have it done by monday at the latest... if you could send me a pm that would be really cool. I am only going to link to the demo here at Simplymaya, because It will only be about 90% done... all there, but will still have playblast. Thanks for your encouragement,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 8 21-09-2003 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
this is great brian!

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 9 21-09-2003 , 05:54 AM
Hmmm. Me guesses that with all these mechs, the company that is interested in you is making something with mechs in it? :p

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 10 21-09-2003 , 06:01 AM
Subscriber
i think the toon shader looks sweet, it makes the mechs look like technical drawings neat stuff =)

# 11 21-09-2003 , 06:50 AM
I would picked different colors on the mechs, but I like the vector renders too.

Perhaps, as Brian is actually on the run trying to come up with this quickly, he might be using the vector renderer to speed up things Witchy. user added image

# 12 21-09-2003 , 07:03 AM
Made a little retouch to illustrate my point. user added image
Could this help?

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 21-09-2003 , 06:05 PM
Super dope fly 'illin yo.

# 14 21-09-2003 , 07:04 PM
thats pretty sweet adl!!! Thanks for the idea,
B

Please check
My (old) website!
# 15 21-09-2003 , 09:28 PM
Kevin
very nice mr brian user added image

mate I got your mail the other day - I will contact you this week - i promise user added image