Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-03-2005 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber

black line around fur

Hi.

I am rendering out a character with fur using mental ray. Using the same settings (as far as i can tell) i sometimes get a nice render out such as the example if the character on the left in the picture i have included. Sometimes however i seem to get ghastly lines around the fur, like the example on the right of the picture. i have about 15 shots of the old man and 8 or so have this problem.

I rendered both out with premultiply on and imported into after effects with premultiply alpha channel settings.

Has anyone any ideas?

I have also posted this in fur section. i wasnt sure.

Thanks, Matt

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-03-2005 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
I have noticed it is around all of the character. Problably not a fur problem then.

# 3 06-03-2005 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
Might be a clipping plane problem the makes objects that are really close together appear to show through each other. If this is the case, try these settings:

Auto render clip planes=Off
Near clip plane=1.0
Far clip plane=11000

Really cool looking model, btw.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 06-03-2005 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
ill give that i try. Thanks