Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-12-2006 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber

Extrude is acting weird in Maya 8

I installed Maya 8 and . . . well . . . extrude is acting strange. I deleted the preferences and it's still acting strange. Well . . . different from my previous version.:headbang:

Extrude local works the same as it always does. However, when I click the blue circle to switch to world view, my manipulator keeps snapping to the origin. I'm sure it is just a setting some place, but . . . I'm not sure what's causing it.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Attached Images
# 2 08-12-2006 , 08:33 AM
I'm not sure why it does this. The odd thing I find is (I've been doing this alot with edges) if you switch into vertex mode and fiddle with vertices a bit, then back into edge mode, then when I extrude an edge again, it works fine.

(It's when I extrude an edge, move it in the world coords (the controller is in the middle of the edges) then extrude again immediately, when I go to world coords it snaps to the object center.)

# 3 08-12-2006 , 09:59 AM
Its a bug in maya 8 , I think theres an update that you can downlaod to fix it. Have a look on Autodesk's site

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle