Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-08-2010 , 11:24 PM

Remove MMB limit of distance attribute of merge verts

I often have to keep typing different values until I get it right. I wish I could just middle mouse button drag past 1 unit on the distance.

Does anyone know how to do this?

# 2 16-08-2010 , 07:14 AM
Lifetime Member
I always keep mine set at 0.001, I hardly ever need to change it.

You shouldnt really need to change it much mate...what are you trying to do?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 16-08-2010 , 12:40 PM
I should have just moved the verts closer so that 1 would be enough instead of typing in several guesses for the distance. I'm sleep deprived and dumb at the moment.

However I'm still interested in removing that MMB drag limit on the distance because it'll save me a step of having to scale the verts in to almost touching.

# 4 16-08-2010 , 01:03 PM
Lifetime Member
It depends on what youb are trying to do mate?? Dont worry Im sleep deprived EVERY day...it doesnt mean you are dumb...just tired. What exactly are you doing for this merge?? Im curious...I hardly ever touch the parameters on the tool. Its almost ALWAYS set at 0.001...for nearly everything. Tell me what you are doing mate..

cheers bullet

or a pic or 3?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes