Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-02-2004 , 10:53 AM
Subscriber

Simple Dog

When I click on Modify, Convert, Polgons to subdiv. I dont get the blue box around my sphere. When this happens i cant select the side face on the box to move it out. Is there something I have turned off. Everything goes fine until this point, I cant go any further because it doesnt put the box around it? Please I help....I am a newbie and this stuff facinates me. I just want to complete the simple dog, then I can move on to something else. Thanks in advance.

Thomas Hazlett

Thomas Hazlett
# 2 16-02-2004 , 04:56 PM
right click and select polygon

Lungs not guns....
# 3 16-02-2004 , 05:32 PM
You don't get any sort of error in the command line?

# 4 16-02-2004 , 06:31 PM
Subscriber
In the video, it turns from a cube to a sphere with a blue box around it and they tell you to press 3 to smooth. When I follow the same steps mine doesnt turn to a sphere it just takes the green(that was high lighted around the edge of my cube) away. Then when I right click and goto face ....it high lights one side of the cube....in the video it highlights the BLUE box around the sphere. Thanks again for all the help!!

Thomas Hazlett

Thomas Hazlett