Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-12-2004 , 01:19 PM

Creating an abstract shape

Hi all, I'm trying to create an abstarct shape using maya, I'll post up an example of the sort of thing i'm after, basically I just wondered how you guys would go about creating somthing like this.

The image itself is from a tutorial i'm following and has been created in Cinema 4D using a somthing called matrix exclude. I wanted to create my own though rather than use the one supplied.

Cheers for any help.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-12-2004 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
i dont know much but the easiest way i could think of to make that would make curves in the half moons all over the place to kind of mimic where the arches are in that picture and make a lot of them and then make a nurbs square and then select a curve and then shift select the nurbs square and extrude using the tube option for extrude and make a nurbs surface.
then scale each end of the newly formed arch

hope this helps in the least

# 3 07-12-2004 , 11:15 AM
thanx T/D, I'll give it a tryuser added image