Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 30-11-2002 , 12:13 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by mumbojumbo_13
ahahha i don't want to piss him off to bad how bout something stupid like ronald mcdonald or batman

lol, I tell you what... maybe we can have a pic of me and you lot can do as you please user added image

I dont mind.... I can handle it user added image

# 47 30-11-2002 , 03:21 PM
Regarding tutorials, I thought it might be kind of cool to have a few addressing the frequently asked "How do I do this?" type of questions that seem to pop up over and over again on the various maya forums. For example here are a couple I see over and over again:

-- "How do I make a starfield in Maya?" (a simple paint fx tutorial maybe on a sphere)

-- "How do I create a planet with atmosphere and clouds in Maya? I could do it in MAX but don't know how in Maya."

Personally, I LOVED the two freebie tuts you put up on compositing for VFX. How about a continuation demonstrating methods of adding realism to a comp. (like if you have a couple of pillars and plop them down in an oceanic background...working with lighting and masking to make everything cohesive). You could also walk through some Maya Live tutorials (for the VIP section, of course).

Eh, I'm rambling. I think it would just be nice to see tutorials that aren't the same ones linked from every other site on maya....the same head modeling tutorials, y'know?

# 48 30-11-2002 , 03:29 PM
Kevin
2 new comp tutorial are being released this weekend I think.... have to make sure with the rage machine first user added image

# 49 01-12-2002 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
adldesigner

i have enough pictures of aliens on my pc... dont want anymore..

# 50 03-12-2002 , 01:56 AM
I think I like the idea of a member profile area. a section to include personal stuff, thier employement, hobbies, picture, age, sex etc..,.

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 51 03-12-2002 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
i think we already have that!!! or am i wrong..

|
|
¥

Last edited by tariqrf; 03-12-2002 at 02:17 AM.
# 52 04-01-2003 , 08:40 AM
hi

# 53 04-01-2003 , 08:45 AM
i need polygonal modelling more tutorials pls help me

# 54 04-01-2003 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
More tutorials is definately a plus. Like learning Expressions and animating facial expressions.

Does anyone know how they make the Blob? or the gel-like evil terminator from Terminator 2?

Those are cool effects. user added image

And some Advance stuff that everyone wants to learn but have no idea how to make them in the VIP session is cool tool...so I can subscribe again.

Eye catching Advance stuff can create great business and more members for the VIP session...user added image

Just some ideas.