Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-08-2006 , 03:11 PM
Subscriber

Plymouth Barracuda

I haven't posted anything for a while so bare with me.
I have been working on this for about 3 hours its still really rough the front wings need some work.its just the basic shell at the moment.its all polys.cant use nurbs very well so i stick to what i no.anyway let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-08-2006 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
just a bit more work on the front and done the windows need some tweaking.any coms and crits would be more then welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 28-08-2006 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
Wicked. It's nice to see a fellow enthusiast for the classic stuff. Keep it up!

Any chance of a wire?

# 4 28-08-2006 , 11:40 PM
Subscriber
i love any classic muscle car they have real character i will try and get you a wire.going to start on the wheels soon then i gotta try and work out how to texture and render this proper.lol.

# 5 28-08-2006 , 11:53 PM
Subscriber
seen my Vette?

Been a while between updates. Friggin' work!

# 6 30-08-2006 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber
yeah ur vette is friggin amazin.i wish i could be that standard ill keep sloggin away at it tho.
yeah i no the feeling about work i never find time to myself.
i have almost finished the wheels and i am working on the front of the car with lights and grills.so an update soon.

# 7 01-09-2006 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
i have done a little more added some wheels and some lights.i am gonna make two versions one with standard setup and then a hardcore version,but i gotta finish the standard version first.anyway let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 01-09-2006 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber
I like it. I think it's looking good.

A couple of suggestions:-

Possibly model the tread on the tires as you'll get a better look than a disp-map (if that's where you were going).

Headlight surrounds and grill elements don't look like they have a chamfer on the edges. They could maybe do with a really small one to give a little tiny bit of softness.

The gap around the bonnet looks a little big for my taste. Suggestion would be to make it a little tighter with the rest of the car.

# 9 01-09-2006 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
Mr.R, i'd have to disagree wiht you about the Bevel on the grill/ect... The car its self, had very crsip hard edges in these areas..

The rest of youre comments i'd have to agree with..

I do have a suggestion though..
.. Toss some Hemi Decals on it when you texture!.. Drop the Barra, and Make this baby a Hemi Cuda
user added image
Also0, turn that bad boy into a real shaker hood...Toss some four corners hood pins off on there, and cut the scoop out of the hood.. if it isnt already, cant tell for sure.....woudl set it off a bit...

Would lopve to see a wire..
I'm workgin on a 69 Charger righ tnow, and ran into a few problems wiht it, so i havent picked it up in a bit..
not posted on here though.. but woudl be nice to see a wire of you're car.. maybe i can get a bit of..insp from it user added image

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 01-09-2006 at 02:17 PM.
# 10 01-09-2006 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by legendofzombi
Mr.R, i'd have to disagree wiht you about the Bevel on the grill/ect... The car its self, had very crsip hard edges in these areas..

It might just be an artifact of the clay render or quality settings in the renderer but it looks too sharp to me. You rarely get perfectly sharp edges in the real world and this is why you'll often get a specular highlight off an edge that looks otherwise sharp while the rest of the object doesn't have a highlight that is as strong in the surrounding areas.

# 11 01-09-2006 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber
i have to agree the edges are very hard at the moment thats prob because im still tweaking so it will be a bit softer but they are very hard anyway.
I was toying with the idea of a hemi cuda because it is one of my all time favourite cars.i just gotta first finish modeling the basic stuff first before i think of doin anythin special.it is my first project to go well so i am taking my time.
I am going to model some treads on the tyres but that will come in time.
i am a relative newbie so i got to work it out as i go.lol.
thanks for the constructive crits very helpful.