Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-10-2007 , 04:38 AM

Imperial Palace

This is my other model, its the imperial palace from Elder Scrolls Oblivion, ive modelled the wall and duplicated it the correct amount of times to make this long stretch of 73 individual towers.
In the game its 1 huge round wall, is there anyway to set the pivot point to the center and bend the entire model in a 360 degree loop to create this.

user added image

user added image

(scuse me mentioning this) Max has a "bend modifier" available to do this, has maya?

# 2 14-10-2007 , 05:10 AM
Looks good m8. Yes Maya has a bend deformer that can be found under the deformations tab.

First, click the object you're trying to bend, then click the deformer tool. In the channel box, you can change the values for bending and stuff.

Attached Images

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 3 14-10-2007 , 05:47 AM
hmm yea i got it and i fiddle about with the settings, still it simply deforms it, i cant figure out how to get it to do a perfect 360 bend.

user added image i love maya really.

EDIT: ok i found some other stuff out, i can get it to bend but it always twists, never a straight forward bend, im not sure what the options do. envelope i dont know, high and low bound seem to create the curve but if any are set at 0 then it resets to a staight line again. hmmmm

EDIT EDIT:

NEVER FEAR!!! woop!, done it.

will keep you guys posted with future updates

user added image

Last edited by Ceryni88; 14-10-2007 at 08:15 AM.
# 4 15-10-2007 , 01:09 AM
That looks awesome! Nice modelling! I'm glad you got it figured out. KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 5 15-10-2007 , 08:14 AM

Update:

Heres how far ive got so far with the project, Im pleased with what ive done so far, even if some of the geometry is messy.

user added image

user added image

Critique and compliments Welcome user added image

# 6 15-10-2007 , 07:14 PM
Very nice. Looks more like a space station user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 7 15-10-2007 , 08:59 PM
Heh, yea i should probably put some ground, trees and houses in before startrek takes over my model user added image

# 8 17-10-2007 , 12:27 AM

Update:

This is the Imperial Palace itself, White gold Tower, which will stand at the center of the city, not yet complete, needs a central spire user added image

user added image

# 9 17-10-2007 , 01:49 AM

Shell Complete:

Yay! finally finished the main model, I feel ive done a satisfactory job on the city structure itself and am happy with the outcome so far, whats your views?

Tower Finished:
user added image

Shell Complete
user added image

Inside
user added image

STILL TO COME: Each individual Section is a Suburb of the city, So Houses, Paving stones, Trees, gravestones and more stuff to come user added image

Last edited by Ceryni88; 17-10-2007 at 01:53 AM.