Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-02-2009 , 12:25 AM

AT-AT

I found a really cool model of an AT-AT. So I wanted to model part of it. Not sure how much of it I will actually model. I'm just having some fun.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 28-02-2009 , 12:26 AM

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 28-02-2009 , 01:34 AM
Jr.Who
Holy crap bro, that's awesome! Can you post a wire of that?

# 4 28-02-2009 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
too much detail start again!
nah, im kidding, dude that is awesome

just curious... if you had to make something like that without someone elses reference could you do it? i'm just curious cuz when i look at pictures with lots of wires or little bits and pieces sticking out i'm reminded of how i can't figure out how to make things look more detailed like that

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 28-02-2009 , 02:53 AM
Wires...and a little more progress

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 6 28-02-2009 , 02:54 AM
more wires

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 7 28-02-2009 , 02:59 AM
Last set of wires

Chirone, yes, I could make something like this without using references but I would have to honestly say, that this concept is much better than anything I probably would have come up with.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 28-02-2009 , 03:06 AM
Hmmm, your curiosity Chirone has sparked an idea for me. I'm going to create something original with lots of similar detail and then model it. It would be a good challenge I think. Thanks bro

Exceed Expectations!
# 9 28-02-2009 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
glad to be of inspirational help!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 28-02-2009 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber
I just fell off my chair !!!

free memory low..exception thrown
# 11 28-02-2009 , 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Crazy detail, it'll be a shame if you don't animate this *hint hint* user added image

- Genny
# 12 28-02-2009 , 04:50 PM
Thanks paldav and GecT. And I'm just modeling different things right now for fun until I figure out what I really want to model.

Exceed Expectations!
# 13 28-02-2009 , 05:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
great model and great reference! shame the cgtalk cut-away challenge is over user added image

# 14 01-03-2009 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber
that is amazing. it looks like so much fun to do. i dont know, and i wonder, what anyone else thinks about this, but something ive found b4 is how well you can model when u just let yourself go. there are so many models i see, i think, thats incredible, i wouldnt have a clue how to go about doing something like that, but when you set yourself a little project and you get into it, you surprise yourself what you can actually come up with.

# 15 01-03-2009 , 05:05 AM
You are right ben,

One of the main things for me when I model is not to look at the big picture too much because sometimes It CAN seem overwhelming. So when I start modeling something, I just pick one small part of the model and start there. Then I model the next little part, and before you know it, you have the whole thing done.

My favorite saying right now is from the movie The Robinson's, "Keep Moving Forward". So my current method of modeling is, I start on one part of the model and then keep moving forward. Also, you won't see me do much texturing either because I want to become the best 3d modeler the world has ever seen. So I focus MAINLY on that.

With the exception of the last couple of months, I model something every single day and I always do my very best. Simply put, The more you do something, the better you get.

Exceed Expectations!