Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 04-02-2004 , 06:56 PM
Mine can handle high poly counts but you bind a joint and it goes funky. Drives me nuts sometimes.

But your animations are looking really smooth .I just tried my first rigging attempt.

# 32 05-02-2004 , 03:41 AM
Subscriber
Looking really great kurt. I don't know about cloth much but I would think increasing the collision detection would be the way to go. Not more smoothing. looks well smoothed to me.

LOL I think its really funny where what he is wearing flies up on him when he dose the flip. The dynamics must be doing something right.

# 33 05-02-2004 , 03:50 AM
Thanks pony should have it done soon....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 34 05-02-2004 , 08:26 PM
Ok, and I agree. I am creating my own skeletons and rigs, and really enjoy it. I was just wondering if that was the way to go after reading some books that had the author using same rigs, and adjusting the lengths etc... That animation is really getting good fast.

Lungs not guns....
# 35 05-02-2004 , 08:31 PM
Would it be possible to have your guy throw the club at something, it hit, and bounce the club back and he catch it. I think it would be really ammusing.

# 36 06-02-2004 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
NEKKID!!!!

*ahem*

It's looking very cute so far I like the char model can't wait to see him fully animated.

# 37 06-02-2004 , 10:22 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think the round house kick could use some tweaking. Right now it's not looking like he's actually kicking someone... more like he's just spinning on his leg. His upper body doesn't bend back to counter-balance the leg thrust. Also, his planted foot just kinda slides around. If I'm not mistaken, the planted foot would almost be doing small little hops to propel the body around.

On the back flip, I think his leading leg would go a bit higher before his body follows.

Looking good!

# 38 07-02-2004 , 02:54 AM
The Maya Mountain
That's definitely looking better. I'd say now what might help is a slight pause before the back flip with a little bit of an accentuation on the anticipation.

Also, I think his initial 2 swings lack power.

Keep it up!

# 39 07-02-2004 , 05:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
definitely better!

For the anticipation for the backflip, I think he needs more obvioius anticipation for the leap.

Kinda like this:

Attached Images
# 40 07-02-2004 , 05:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
One thing we're learning at work is to give the viewer poses that he can read to see what's going on. Right now, your guy is doing his actions but a lot of the movement kinda runs together. Give us a chance to really see what's happening by emphasizing certain poses for a few frames.

For example:

Attached Images
# 41 07-02-2004 , 06:10 PM
Subscriber
Looking nice m8, one thing about the round house thou. At no point during the kick is he actually looking at the target, he should be looking at it until slightly after the point of inpact and then whip his head around really fast before his body follows throu.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 42 07-02-2004 , 07:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
looking good. user added image Keep it up!

# 43 07-02-2004 , 09:08 PM
like mike said. In all fighting games theres usually a small delay between the start of most powerful moves the and hit, usually just enough time so the opponent can try and get out of it. Sould Caliber 2 had a lot of that.

# 44 08-02-2004 , 12:39 AM
Looking good.

I dont know how 'cartoony' or 'real' your looking to make the action, but on the roundhouse kick, the body should be more vertical, but it isn't much of a problem. The knees chamber position though should be higher and closer to the body, and atm, the kick just look like a swing. Insted the kick should be straight and snap back straight into the chamber position as he spins around. Not only does this give you more power when executing the kick, it look more powerful.

Like i said though, if it's a more cartoony action, then it dosent have to look as realistic as i explained, but as the essence of cartoon action is just an exaduration of real life i'd though i mention it. user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 45 08-02-2004 , 02:26 AM
z1mmnd14 buddy thanks for the crit mate.... I'm tring to get the kick to snap like you said i took kickboxing for quit a few years and agree with you.. only thing causing me some trouble is the pole vector i have on the leg its being stubborn.

Played with it a bit more still trying to get it to snap=)

Thanks

Attached Files
File Type: zip betterround.zip (456.2 KB, 145 views)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb