Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-01-2009 , 09:01 AM

Strange Dynamic Problem

Hello,
I'm running into a problem in dynamics. I will try to be as clear as possible as to what I am experiencing. I created a surface, a simple flat passive body and I created six cubes stacked in a pyramid shape. Mind you that the six cubes are not touching each other nor are they touching the passive body. I selected the six cubes and created a gravity field for them so that they will land on the passive body and land on top of each other and still keep a pyramid shape after settling. When I hit the play button on the timeline everything does what it is suppose to do. Except after landing on the passive body the cubes are slightly moving around as if they are being vibrated. STRANGE! Is this normal or is there some setting that has to be adjusted. This all works fine with a single cube landing on the passive body.

Thanks,
radiant777

# 2 07-01-2009 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber
have you played with the rigid body settings?

try giving it friction and taking away the bounce on the
passive rigid body (maybe do the same on the cubes)

the settings are in the attributes

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D